Wednesday, October 28, 2015

06.21.14 - Turner/Markstein Wedding

Where do I begin? I first met Jacqlynn and Chris in Richmond, VA for our initial consultation. To be honest, I was little intimidated by Jacqlynn and her vision for the wedding at first because it seemed so beautiful on paper that I was afraid I wouldn't be able to live up to it in person. I am glad they saw through my excitement and nerves because I was thrilled when I got the call that they wanted to be my clients! Not only were they getting married at the same place that I said my own vows at, but they had an incredibly romantic, high class, fun filled wedding planned and I could not have been more excited to jump in on the fun!
The day of their wedding we had a few clouds in the sky, one of those days where we definitely used every single minute of time to make a decision on rain. And boy did we. Luckily, we were able to get the break we were looking for and after hustling to wipe down chairs, the ceremony went off without a hitch as planned.
From the gorgeous handmade arbor built by her father and perfectly manicured farm table for the bride and groom to dine at, this wedding was nothing short of fairytale. I am thrilled to have been part of this event and can now boast that an event I have worked on has been published on Style Me Pretty. Check it out: Style me Pretty - Rustic Williamsburg Wedding

I should also mention I was a little over 37 weeks pregnant, my son was born just 12 days later. It was the last wedding I had on the books before his arrival and to say it was bittersweet, well that would not do it justice. On this day I also met Karen Roa. I will be honest, not many things floor me when I walk into a wedding, however this day, I stopped dead in my tracks, in my beetle juice dress as I called it. Why do maternity dresses all have horizontal stripes?! Nevermind that, back to Karen. Karen is an amazingly talented florist. Her work is stunning and on this day, her work took my breath away. I am so honored to say that a little over a year later, we have become great friends and have had the opportunity to collaborate on some pretty amazing things and she never lets me down. Her work is simply impeccable. You see, she hung beautiful greenery on the chandeliers at the winery and all night, literally, ALL night, I gave myself a pep talk about getting up on a ladder, ready to have a baby at any moment whale sized me ON A LADDER ready to cut this stuff down. Not only did I talk myself into climbing on a ladder, but I had convince myself that it would all be ok and wouldn't take too long. Then it happened. In like a saint walked Karen and her dad, there to help clean up. Holy moly! I have probably never been so excited to see a florist in my entire life. They cleaned up EVERYTHING floral. I could not have been more relieved in my entire life. Be sure to check out her page at Aleen FloralI promise she will not disappoint. 


To see more images from Jacqlynn and Chris' wedding go here: 06.21.14 - Turner/Markstein Wedding




Be sure to share the love with the amazing vendors who helped with this wedding:
Band: Sam Hill Entertainment - E3 Band

No comments:

Post a Comment